Saturday, August 29, 2015

1.- The egg that walks.

Hello, Tabiko here, finally finished the first chapter. I could have finished it yesterday but i got too distracted, sorry!. Anyways, as i'm working alone, so i do not have an editor or someone to tl check my works please be patient with the errors you see and feel free to point them out as it would help me.


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
1.- The egg that walks.

Pakiri*, there were cracks in front of me.
In a world full of darkness there was finally light.
I take a look at the crack at my side which is getting bigger.
*Sound of something breaking.


Hmm, is this a forest?
And it seems that I’m on top of a tree.


Let’s try standing up, as i was standing up i heard noises of something breaking below my feet.
Eh, what is this strange thing that I’m stepping on?
I mean, it feels like it’s breaking?


As i said that, something suddenly appeared inside of my head, it looked like those typical game menu screens.


‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Race: Dragon Egg
Status: Normal
Lv: 1/5
HP: 5/5
MP: 1/1
Attack: 1
Defense: 3
Magic: 1
Agility: 10
Rank: F


Special Skills:
[Egg Shell: Lv--]
[God’s Voice: Lv1]


Resistance Skills:
[Physical Resistance: Lv1]


Normal Skills:
[Roll: Lv1]
[Inspect Status: Lv1]


Title Skills:
[Dragon King’s son: Lv--]
[Egg walk: Lv--]


‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐


Isn't this thing... just like one of those RPG screens?


[Status screen was opened]


This words were still floating in my head.
Eh?, status screen?


[The status screen helps to easily understand one’s ability and level by converting it to numerical values and written.]


Eh, was my question answered?


[The special skill [God’s Voice: Lv1] explains or describes anything related to items and status.]
[It will also notify any change to the status that is done.]


Wait a moment, what is this?
When did this happen?, ehh?, could this be, could this possibly be a game?


[Special Skill [God’s Voice: Lv1] is unable to explain.]


What?
Lv1 isn't able to explain, could it be that it needs to be higher lv to be able to?
Anyways, who’s talking?


[Special Skill [God’s Voice: Lv1] is unable to explain.]


Who are you?
Also, where is this place?


[Special Skill [God’s Voice: Lv1] is unable to explain.]


...........
What is this, this emptiness.


Anyways since it seems that the strange voice stopped, let’s try to look for someone who can communicate like a human.
要領を得ないことを言うばかりで、人と話してるって気がまるでしねぇわ。
Even if there is no point, i really want to talk with someone else.
(TL/N: Would love it if there is anyone who could help me with this one, i don't think i got it quite right.)


Suddenly my field of vision narrows.
It looks like... a fall! I’m falling right now!


tsutsutsu…
It seems that somehow I fell from the tree, and it is reasonably tall.
But somehow it seems that I’m still alive.


[The resistance skill [Physical Resistance] lv up from 1 to 2]
[Resistance Skill [Fall Resistance: Lv1] was acquired]


What’s this?
Enduring the impact made my skills get stronger??


Ah!, my HP decreased to 3!
Does that means that if it becomes 0 I will die?
This is a dream?, this is a dream right?.


[Title Skill [Clutz: Lv1] was acquired.]


Is that an insult!. Oi, God’s voice!
Do I look like an idiot to you!, Such poor tastes that you have!
That isn't a title skills, that is an insult!.


[Special Skill [God’s Voice: Lv1] is unable to explain.]


You've done it now....
Well, it’s okay now. If I continue with this I’ll just keep stressing myself.

I look at the tree from which i just fell off, but I can’t even see the top of it.
What a small field of vision, I can’t even move my neck


Oh, there is a spring of water at the other side!.
Let’s confirm my appearance on the reflection.


I stare intently at the water surface trying to see my reflection.


A huge egg.
There is a hole in the eyes and feet section.
The odd size and cracks here and there, appearance, the feeling, how do you say this... all this are the normal features of an egg...


Ehh, what is this?
Without a doubt this is me, i was really taken aback by the reflection in the water.


Me?, is it really me?
This is really me!, I don’t understand!, how did this happen!.
Answer you idiot!

[ [Dragon’s Egg] is a F rank monster]
[The son of a dragon, An incomplete monster with self conscious.]
[The inside of the egg is incomplete, if the shell is broken you will die.]


Are you kidding, you are a joking with me right?.


【素早いが非力であり、まだ脳も発達しておらず、転がるしか能がない。】
[Although the brain is still in growing process, you have quick processing and the ability to roll]
(TL/N: Would love it if there is anyone who could help me with this one, i don't think i got it quite right.)


What’s with that!?
I do think about various stuff a lot you know!.


[It’s dangerous to be alone, the insides of the egg is extraordinarily delicious and considered a delicacy, it’s pretty famous.]
[If you were to be found by an adventurer you would be instantly killed. Though if the parent dragons are near this wouldn't be the case.]
[There is also the chance that the adventurer would take you away, but this isn't recommendable as a dragon can follow the scent of its egg.]


A lie!, It’s a lie right?
Isn't it too cruel?
I would be killed if i were found, just like a common cockroach!.


What is this, adventurers, dragons, monsters…
Really, the heck is this.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

18 comments:

  1. can you put a button/links that goes to the next chapter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks for the translation.
      Hope this will be a good story.

      Delete
    2. Oh... yeah, i totally forgot that i could do that!, i just added them. Thanks for the tip/reminder.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There's a lot of them now in 2018. I speak from the future ;)

      Delete
    2. And some even being adapted into an anime

      Delete
  3. Hey!
    I'm not sure if commenting on this chapter is no good, but I can't help but notice that you say you lack an editor at the start of the chapter. Reason for commenting about it on this chapter is that no other chapter mentions lack of an editor and I can't find an email to contact you by and I don't use Reddit (other than lurking).

    If you see this and still need an editor, send me an email at katten8@gmail.com
    and feel free to ask me any questions you might have if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks----!
    this sounds pretty interesting, i'm looking forward to it! really cute so far, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only see him as Digitamamon from description

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, the descriptions remind of Digitamamon :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it is a little late now but I still wanted to comment :)

    要領を得ないことを言うばかりで、人と話してるって気がまるでしねぇわ。
    Even if there is no point, i really want to talk with someone else.

    This sentence means : "There are many points I couldn't grasp, I don't feel like I am talking to a human being at all." He is talking about the Voice here. He means the voice says many things he doesn't understand so that voice shouldn't be belonging to a human being.

    【素早いが非力であり、まだ脳も発達しておらず、転がるしか能がない。】
    [Although the brain is still in growing process, you have quick processing and the ability to roll]

    As for this sentence : "You lack agility, your brain isn't developed yet and the only ability you have now is to be able to roll."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is very interesting! I love isekai anime and manga! I might try this novel! Hope for this to keep updating. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully I finally found the novel version... I have been reading the manga for quite a while now... it was interesting so I will try and read this...

    ReplyDelete
  10. | 'I would be killed if I were found, just like a common cockroach!.'

    Lol! I've laughed really hard at this. Congratulations, author. You've successfully drawn me in.

    ReplyDelete