Saturday, August 29, 2015

2.- Egg eating Dark Worms.

Hello again, here is the second chapter for those interested. There were quite the amount of sentences that gave me trouble but i still tried my best!.


••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2.- Egg eating Dark Worms
 
I regain my consciousness and now is the second day.
Also I finally came to understand that this forest that i was in, was a dangerous forest full of monsters.
Monsters like, some black crocodile looking thing and other giant insects which i dislike.

This place probably isn't Japan.
This place probably is Africa.
I always knew that Africa had black crocodiles, giant insects, walking eggs, and some kind of bear with 4 arms.
I should have paid a more attention to things outside of Japan.
That way i could have known that there was such a dangerous country out there... I really want to cry right now.

By the way, this day I got the [Hunger Resistance] and [Poison Resistance] skills.
Because of a mushroom that i eat earlier my stomach hurts, it really hurts.
Well, at least i understand that it won’t be dangerous if i just have it in my hand.

Anyways, let’s test the [Roll] Skill.
As if by instinct, i just rolled over to the side.
[Roll] Skill leveled up to level 2.
I rolled from a high place which ended up with me falling and it dealt quite the amount of damage to me, [Fall Resistance] Skill level up to level 2.
I almost killed myself.

Naa, I’m tired, God’s Voice-chan...
I want to go back home, i want to take a bath, i want to eat chips...

[Special Skill [God’s Voice: Lv1] is unable to explain.]

Please, let’s have a conversation.
I feel like I’m going to die from loneliness.
I’m about to start crying.

[Resistance Skill [Solitude Resistance: Lv1] was acquired.]

I’m sorry, i don’t think that that will be necessary.
Your consideration makes me happy though, but it isn't what I’m looking for.
I want the warmth of another person...

I’m not a man who can endure being alone, I don’t want to become a lonely man.
I don’t need to be the strong, i just want to keep living as a human who has recognized his weakness...

Human life huh, something like being born from an egg means that i will change.
Which reminds me, when did i come here?
I don’t seem to remember. I do recall that I’m Japanese, and i still have my common knowledge which tells me that monsters shouldn't exist.
I don’t quite remember if i was a man or a woman, but probably a man if i think about it.

Was i abducted and brought to Africa?
Then, i wonder who is God’s Voice-chan?

[Title Skill [Straight Fool: Lv1] was acquired.]

... I wish you would stop with those kind of answers.
Fine, you just hurt my feelings

Anyways let’s confirm my status.
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Race: Dragon Egg.
Status: Normal.
Lv: 1/5
HP: 5/5
MP: 1/1
Attack: 1
Defense: 3
Magic: 1
Agility: 10
Rank: F

Special Skills:
[Egg’s Shell: Lv--]
[God’s Voice: Lv1]

Resistance Skills:
[Physical Resistance: Lv1]  [Fall Resistance: Lv2]  [Hunger Resistance: Lv1]
[Poison Resistance: Lv1] [Solitude Resistance: Lv1]

Normal Skills:
[Roll: Lv2]
[Inspect status: Lv1]

Title Skills:
[Dragon King’s Son: Lv--]  [Walking Egg: Lv--]
[Clutz: Lv2] [Straight Fool: Lv1]
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Ahh, the Clutz skills also leveled up.
I recalled something that I didn’t want to remember.
Really, how could this skill be helpful.

It seems that HP can be recovered by just lying down.
Both of this days, I've paid a lot of attention in order to not get hurt and end up dying because of that.
I have been avoiding monsters, eating small fruits that fall from the trees and little insects, and drinking the spring’s water.

Though I didn't want to, it was inevitable.
I thought I was going to die from hunger.
Even I think that giving up after two days is fast.
It can't be helped. Compared to when I was a human the feeling of hunger is much stronger.
*This set of sentences actually confused me for a while, i still tried my best but i ain't so sure about them.

I’m still in my growth period.
I mean, I’m still an egg.

Even if my level goes up... Will i be able to fight?
I don’t think i would be able to hit a monster.

Since I’m an egg.
When will i hatch?
God’s voice said that i was a dragon’s egg, shouldn't there any feeling that I’m growing?
Maybe it won’t happen unless I don’t level up?
I need to defeat monsters?

That’s impossible!, I’m just an egg!
Nest?, didn’t I fall from my nest?
Didn’t I fall from a tree?, could it possibly be that it was the dragon’s nest?
It could be that there is something that stimulates my growth

Ah, danger.
There are some grotesque caterpillars at the base of the tree.
This discovery was quite late.(考え事してたせいで発見が遅れた。)

That thing’s name is Dark Worm
When I fell down here, they began to chase me.
Naturally, I was able to escape.

With the exception of the dark worm, other monsters just seem to ignore me.
They just seem to overlook me.

It could be that they think that if they try to attack me the parent dragon will come forth to protect me, now that I think about it God’s Voice said something like that on the first day.

But, that fellow always attacks me.
Let’s check the Dark Worm status, [Status inspection] I said in my mind.
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Race: Dark Worm.
Status: Normal
Lv: 3/8
HP: 8/12
MP: 3/5
Attack: 5
Defense: 2
Magic: 3
Agility: 8
Rank: F

Special Skills:
[Caterpillar: Lv--]

Resistance Skills:
[Poison Resistance: Lv1]

Normal Skills:
[Bite: Lv1]
[Group Call: Lv2]

Title Skills:
[Egg Eater: Lv1]
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
Dangerous, really dangerous.
His overall status is better than mine.
My agility is slightly better than his, but for now I should escape from here.

Now I know why that guy was so obstinately aiming for me, it’s because of that strange Title Skill that he has.
[Egg Eater: Lv1]
It really probably is because of that.
What I came to understand was that, that guy seems to know the taste of an egg.
An agreement is impossible. It would be inadvisable to communicate with that thing.

It seems like, right now, the Dark Worm somehow lost some HP.
If I wait for it to fall asleep, will I be able to finish him off?
His level is higher than mine, but my defense is a bit higher than his.
If I receive one attack I would be out, but I think that I should be able to win if I use my advantage in agility well.

Alright let’s do this.
I’m going to beat that guy down, so I can level up in order to hatch. And bring this egg life to an end.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

28 comments:

  1. it would be best if there are links to and instead of relying on newer post and older post since there might be a time where you post announcement etc that are not part of the translations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure if i get what you mean, do you mean a Table of contents?, if so I do have one. is right here: http://tabikonotrans.blogspot.mx/p/reincarnated-as-dragons-egg-lets-aim-to.html

      Delete
  2. His stupidity is beyond me. Even if the author is trying to say that japanese eduaction system is lacking, isnt this a bit too much?

    Like what was this guys previous age at all? Was this guy a hopeless loser or something? Even if he was a loser he should know that dragons do not exist, and a game menu poping up should be far from normal! Unless his previous world was a bit special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he doesn't remember much from his past life, only that he is Japanese and probably was a man, also that is why he gets the [Straight Fool] title skill. But mostly i just think he is escaping reality.

      Delete
    2. But he remembers enough to say Africa has walking eggs, I wouldn't mind if it's true because they might be delicious but still Africa hardly has bears

      Delete
    3. he just trying to escape reality, he understand that he is in another world but he can't accept it kk

      Delete
    4. escape reality?most of otakus wants to be transported to another world. He's just stupid

      Delete
    5. "-most of OTAKUS-" what if he wasn't an otaku? Dumbass.

      Delete
    6. yeah what if he was your mom

      Delete
    7. I fucken love this shit dude

      Delete
  3. RAW
    How you translated it.
    -My understanding of it. (I'm still learning myself)

    抵抗はあったが、仕方なかった。
    There was resistance, but it was inevitable.
    -It's not clear what exactly the MC is resisting. Going by the context it's the most likely one is not wanting to eat bugs.
    But could also just be trying to resist the lifestyle change.

     腹減って死ぬかと思った。
    I thought I was going to die from hunger.
    -That's correct.

     我ながら、二日はちょっと折れるの早かったと思う。
    In this two days, I thought I was going to break prematurely.
    -Even if I say so myself, giving up after two days is fast. (giving up resisting)

     仕方ない。人間のときより空腹感半端なかったかんね。
    There is no way that my hunger lasts the same as a human(仕方ない。人間のときより空腹感半端なかったかんね。.
    -It can't be helped. Compared to when I was a human the feeling of hunger is much stronger.



    I'm not a good writer so if you choose to use my suggestions you might want to edit it so it reads better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "我ながら、二日はちょっと折れるの早かったと思う。
      In this two days, I thought I was going to break prematurely.
      -Even if I say so myself, giving up after two days is fast. (giving up resisting)"

      Isn't the day the "subject" (は)? I wonder if he isn't saying that he thinks the second day came by a bit fast despite feeling like dieing from hunger (as everyone knows, when you are having a bad time, time tends to stretch).

      "人間のときより空腹感半端なかったかんね。
      Compared to when I was a human the feeling of hunger is much stronger."

      I'm inclined to read that along the lines of 'the hunger humans sometimes have is horrible, isn't it.', which would fit as another of his complains.

      What do you think?

      Delete
  4. I'll copy the format above ^^.

    考え事してたせいで発見が遅れた。
    This discovery was quite late.
    -as i was thinking deeply, i discovered them late.

    The "せい" isn't recognized as anything fitting by my program (rikaichan), i guess it's the same for you. Going to an online dictionary though, i found "所為" which means "result, blame, fault" and can be translated as "because, as, since".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I think the things about Africa having bears and giant $hit is just sarcasm/irony.
      The author is just trying to sound comical IMHO

      Delete
  6. Oooh!! Meatbun sees a Digitamamon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks!
    oh, nice, he remembers some of his old life, eh? well, defeat the dark worm---!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  9. that i eat earlier -> that I ate earlier

    But how can a egg eat mushrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. Physical Resistance should be lvl 2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously? Africa? What kind of half baked humorism sense does the author have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Africa is a continent just like how Asia is a continent or North America. It isn't a jungle, I don't know how misconceptions get that far. Just like how Asia has country's and people who live in it, just like how Asia have jungles and rainforest, Africa is the same.
      And seriously? "I always knew that Africa had black crocodiles, giant insects, walking eggs, and some kind of bear with 4 arms." Was that supposed be funny?

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This place probably isn't Japan.
    This place probably is Africa.
    I always knew that Africa had black crocodiles- his statues screen says he’s a son of a dragon therefore he should know that he is in a fantasy world or other

    ReplyDelete